RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005
The Government of India has enacted the Right to Information Act, 2005 (www.persmin.nic.in) which has come into effect from October 13, 2005. The Right to Information under this Act is meant to give to the citizens of India access to information under control of public authorities to promote transparency and accountability in these organizations. The Act, under Sections 8 and 9, provides for certain categories of information to be exempt from disclosure. The Act also provides for appointment of Central Public Information Officer to deal with request for information.
NTC’s Obligation under the Act
National Textile Corporation Ltd. is a public authority under the Ministry of Textiles as defined in the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Seeking information from NTC
National Textile Corporation Ltd. has an established communication policy. Under this, the NTC releases information and data as and when required. NTC also places in public domain its instructions relating to its subject. The information and data is released on its website www.ntcltd.co.in
NTC maintains an active website www.ntcltd.co.in. The information released by the NTC is available on the website.
NTC may also place any information under the Right to Information Act, 2005 on its website if the information is of general public interest.
Please send us your suggestions at email@example.com If you need any specific information, you may make an application under the Right to Information Act,2005. It needs to be emphasized that this mechanism is only meant for seeking information and NOT for making complaints.
How long will the NTC take to provide information?
NTC will, within 30 days of receipt of the application for information along with the fee, communicate to the requester either the information requested for or its inability to provide it.
Section 28: Power to make rules by Competent Authority Rules & Procedures
These rules may be called the “Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Costs) Rules", 2005, as notified by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide notification dated 16.9.2005 & 27.10.2005.
- (i)The cost of the medium or print cost price of the material to be disseminated under sub-section (4) of section 4;
Sec-4: - says “disseminated” means making known or communicated the information to the public through notice boards, newspapers, public announcements, media broadcasts, the internet or any other means, of National Textile Corporation Ltd.
- (ii) The fee payable under sub-section (1) of section of section 6:-
Sec-6 :- says that “ A request for obtaining information under section 6(1) of Right to Information Act needs to be accompanied by an application fees of Rs.10/- by way of cash against proper receipt (or) by DD (or) by banker’s cheque (or) by Postal Order only and no other means, payable to National Textile Corporation Ltd. Fees in cash sent by courier/post etc. shall not be accepted.
- (iii) The fee payable under sub-section (1) of section 7: -
Sec-7 :- Says “ the fees shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt (or) by DD (or) bankers cheque or by Postal Order payable to National Textile Corporation Ltd.
- 1) Rs.2/- for each page (in A4 or A3 size paper) created or copied;
- 2) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- 3) Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- 4) For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of Rs.5/- for each 15 minute (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
Further, to provide information under section 7 of the Right to Information Act 2005, the public authority shall charge:
- 1) Rs.50/- per diskette or floppy; and
- 2) For information provided in printer form at the price fixed for such publication (or) Rs.2/- per page of photocopy form extracts from the publication.
- (iv) Making an Application under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Citizens of India will have to make the request for information in writing, clearly specifying the information sought under the Right to information Act,2005. The application for request should give the contact details (Postal address, telephone number, fax number, e- mail address) so that the applicant can be contacted for any clarification or the information. As per the Act, information can be furnished only to citizens of India.
- (v) You can send your request to:-
The Central Public Information Officer
National Textile Corporation Ltd.
Scope Complex, Core-IV, 7-Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110 003.
Ph.- 011-24360101, Ext.- 2585
National Textile Corporation Ltd. on receipt of request shall either provide information within 30 days of the receipt of request on payment of such fees as may be prescribed. Where the decision is taken to provide the information on payment of any further fees representing the cost of providing the information, the Central Public Information Officer shall send the intimation to the person making the request.
You will get the information once National Textile Corporation Ltd. receives the payment towards providing the information and as stipulated in the Act.
- (vi) When will I get the Information?
Can National Textile Corporation refuse to give me Information?
The Right to Information Act 2005 under Section 8 and 9 exempts certain categories of information form disclosures. These include:
- 1) Information, disclosure of which would prejudicially affect the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security, strategic, scientific or economic interests of the state, relation with foreign state or lead to incitement of an offense.
- 2) Information which has been expressly forbidden to be published by any court of law or tribunal or the disclosure of which may constitute contempt of court.
- 3) Information, the disclosure of which would cause a breach of privilege of parliament or the State Legislature.
- 4) Information including commercial confidence, trade secret or intellectual property, the disclosure of which would harm the competitive position of a third party, unless the competent authority is satisfied that larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information;
- 5) Information received in confidence from foreign Government; information, person or identify the source of information or assistance given in confidence for law enforcement or security purposes;
- 6) Information which would impede the process of investigation or apprehension or prosecution of offenders;
- 7) Cabinet papers including records of deliberations of the Council of Ministers, Secretaries and other officers;
- 8) Information which relates to personal information the disclosures of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual.
Do I have a right to appeal?
Under the Right to Information Act, 2005 you have the right to appeal if you are not satisfied with the information provided by National Textile Corporation Ltd.
Who should I address my appeal to?
You can address the appeal to:
Shri R.K.Sinha, Director (Human Resources)
Appellate Authority under RTI Act,
National Textile Corporation Ltd.
Scope Complex, Core-IV, 7-Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110 003
What if I am not satisfied even with the decision of the appellate authority?
Under the Act, if you are not satisfied with the decision of the appellate authority within National Textile Corporation Ltd, you can appeal to the Central Information Commissioner appointed under and for the purpose of the Right to Information Act.